- Color Gallery
- Tail Extensions
- Related Products
- Choosing the Right Tail Extension
- Repair and Reconstruction Services
The Care and Feeding of your Custom Tail
You are here: Home»The Care and Feeding of your Custom Tail
Custom Tails are 100% horse hair to comply with breed association rules, and should be cared for properly to increase their life span.
- The first time you use your tail extension, wash and dry it for maximum fullness.
- After each use, wash your Custom Tail with an equine shampoo, rinse well and dry with a hair dryer, or air dry.
- Apply a non-silicone hair detangler to make brush-outs easier, and to prevent tangles.
- Condition your Custom Tail with a quality equine hair conditioner after every 6-8 shampoos. Rinse well, dry and follow up with an application of hair detangler.
- Avoid completely submersing your tail extension in water, and/or soaking it in water for long periods of time. Moisture can get trapped up in the head of the tail extension, where the tail hairs are bound together. Since air can’t reach this area, moisture can cause the tail hairs to rot, leading to tail hair loss.
- When your Custom Tail is not in use, it should be stored in a tail bag slightly longer than the tail extension to prevent the ends from curling.
Tail Care, Braiding & More
Upcoming Show Dates
all-day NSBA World Show/Show Your Colors @ Tulsa State Fairgrounds
NSBA World Show/Show Your Colors @ Tulsa State Fairgrounds
Aug 11 – Aug 19 all-day
For show information, go to: http://www.nsba.com/world-championship-show-mainmenu-253/general-information.html
all-day All American Quarter Horse Congress @ Ohio State Fairgrounds
All American Quarter Horse Congress @ Ohio State Fairgrounds
Oct 4 – Oct 28 all-day
For show information, go to: http://www.oqha.com/aaqhc